RE: Controlling access to servers

From: David Gillett (
Date: 12/01/04

    To: <>, <>
    Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:36:42 -0800

      Consider a situation where IT Dept is forbidden to touch some
    machines because the information they contain is "too sensitive".

      How do we manage security in such a case?

    Answer (98 times out of 100): The most critical information in
    the enterprise winds up on the least secure machines in the

    David Gillett

    • RE: Massive Potential Abuse of Windows Machines Via Update
      ... I know its a windows security setting that is unable to install but dont ... Re-build’s galore, new machines, super fandango firewall routers, set up by ... to get control of machines without the user being alerted too much has got to ...
    • Re: Windows form control will not render in IE
      ... Perhaps there is a security issue - did you check the .NET security policy ... > machines with the same framework version the control does not render. ... All I get on the client ...
    • Re: FW: Controlling access to servers
      ... > and control over all ... > How do we manage security in such a case? ... ALL Admins should log on to ... Giving the admin passwords to IT Security or Audit is ...
    • Re: Use AD computer policy to apply local user policy
      ... PeopleSoft and that actually handles the account control so we have roughly ... 16,000 user accounts in the stand User container (not really cool if you ask ... Are these machines somehow ... If you can justify it and after checking with the "user" admins, ...
    • Re: Win2K / Netware networking question
      ... >admins will have full knowledge of the existence of these machines. ... rights in NDS to do it, and if I was ever asked to do that (and I ... control would give the admins the rights of whoever was logged in to the ...