RE: How secure is VPN access?

From: dave kleiman (dave_at_isecureu.com)
Date: 11/18/04

    To: "'Cesar Diaz'" <cdiaz00@gmail.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:11:58 -0500

    Cesar,

    Would allow a user to bring their home computer to the office, and just hand
    them an IP and allow them full network access?

    Do your users have access to network resources through the VPN?

    They can spread viruses, Trojans etc. to the network from the VPN.

    No, you definitely should not let home computers access the VPN, you should
    have complete control of the systems that do access via VPN and keep them
    up-to-date, etc.

    Citrix is a different story, as long as you restrict drive and port
    redirection, it can be a "better-controlled" situation.

    Dave Kleiman, CISSP, CISM, CIFI, MCSE
    www.SecurityBreachResponse.com