RE: ip address

From: Matvei Kliuchnikov (matvei.kliuchnikov_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/17/04

    Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:25:28 -0800
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Yes.

    Other free web-based email may differ. In the case of Gmail, no, the
    origin IP address is not passed, however it is logged by Google
    internally.

    • Re: Why Is Proton and Electron charge similar??!
      ... Its in Google or gmail me and Learn it TreBert ... They only differ by sign! ...
      (sci.physics)
    • New Feature to try by Google
      ... Were if it is not good news then it is not NEWS to US, ... Please note that Google Answers is no longer accepting new questions ... GOD how assume are thy works Craig Oral Somerford has invited ... I've been using Gmail and thought you might like to try it out. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: How come google sells my info to spammers or ?
      ... >>I recently went on google to look for a explanation on a medical ... > Unless you divulge your e-mail address, the site you connect to only knows ... > when you signup for a Gmail account. ... > or any images that are web bugs can see you by your IP address and track ...
    • 2Barter, Google & Youtube; We will teach everything about computers,including Internet commerce.
      ... Mr. Obama i can help you or McCain but you first need to say ... Craig Oral Somerford has invited you to open a free Gmail account. ... Built-in Google search that instantly finds any message you want ... faith too fine what's next it seems then to me the next right thing to ...
      (misc.invest.stocks)
    • OT: Google drops Gmail address in UK
      ... Gmail, the free e-mail service run by internet search giant Google, ... Research (IIIR) centres on who owns the Gmail trademark. ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)