Re: Securing Printers

From: Peter Wan (peter.n.wan_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/16/04

    Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:42:00 -0500
    To: Bryce Embry <embryb@k12tn.net>

    I remember seeing a reference to a paper at Black Hat that addressed this topic,
    but can't seem to find the information on the paper. Here is another reference
    that addresses risks of an accessible printer:

    http://www.giac.org/practical/GSEC/Vernon_Vail_GSEC.pdf

    It talks about the physical security worries, but then talks about how abuse of
    insecure services provided by the printer (Web, FTP, etc.) can cause trouble.
            --Peter

    --
    Peter Wan <peter.n.wan@gmail.com>

    • Re: Securing Printers
      ... FTP and HTTP should be disabled methinks. ... > I remember seeing a reference to a paper at Black Hat that addressed this topic, ... >> doing a very good job of making this point with my colleagues. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Error 1004 using Shapes.Range().Align
      ... I notice you have set a reference to Workbooks ... Are you sure your colleagues are running your code with ... >the above Syntax works fine on my system, ... >the images named in strPicName and strPicAlign are ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • RE: problems with Office XP IAs
      ... ignores any explicit reference that you think you've made. ... > provides a facility to automate Excel XP. ... > my colleagues machine, however, while he could run my binaries without ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)
    • problems with Office XP IAs
      ... provides a facility to automate Excel XP. ... Today, on my colleagues pcs, the code started throwing ... my colleagues machine, however, while he could run my binaries without ... removed refs to Excel/Office and re-added them from Add reference. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)