Deletion of all files owned by specific owner

From: D Hull (dbhull1_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/12/04

    Date: 12 Nov 2004 06:43:16 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    This evening, all of the files owned by a specific user were removed from a server, including the user's home directory and files owned on an NFS mounted partition.

    I did not have any baselines in place to help troubleshoot this problem so I am starting from scratch and don't have much to go on. I realize I am in a bad spot. I am able to recover the data. I need to be able to determine what happened though - as best as possible under the circumstances. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    • feasible w/ samba?
      ... There would be a master server called MASTER. ... John comes into building 2 for the day and logs in to domain2 domain. ... a script runs that maps his home directory to J: ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: aspx/html file bigger than 170KB truncated
      ... There is nothing "wrong" with chunked content encoding. ... HTTP defines many ... Do you have any custom ISAPI filters enabled on the server? ... explorer to an aspx page. ...
    • Re: aspx/html file bigger than 170KB truncated
      ... There is nothing "wrong" with chunked content encoding. ... HTTP defines many ... Do you have any custom ISAPI filters enabled on the server? ... explorer to an aspx page. ...
    • Re: aspx/html file bigger than 170KB truncated
      ... There is nothing "wrong" with chunked content encoding. ... HTTP defines many ... Do you have any custom ISAPI filters enabled on the server? ... explorer to an aspx page. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: disk image creation & restauration
      ... > Home directories are AFS or NFS or SMB mounted from a local server. ... even if their execute bits were set on. ... as above: mount /tmp noexec. ... So the abuser must put it in his own home directory on ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)