IIS Logfile

mfernandez_at_fdta-valles.org
Date: 10/25/04

    Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:48:45 -0400
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Every day, I have this entry on one IIS log file:

    2004-10-25 04:16:46 64.246.165.10 - W3SVC1 FILESERVER xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80 GET
    /robots.txt - 401 5 0 www.mydomain.com SurveyBot/2.3+(Whois+Source)
    http://www.whois.sc/
    2004-10-25 04:16:46 64.246.165.10 - W3SVC1 FILESERVER xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80 GET / -
    401 5 0 www.mydomain.com SurveyBot/2.3+(Whois+Source)
    http://www.whois.sc/mydomain.com

    I understand that some "whois" site is checking my server, but Is this
    dangerous? Should I block this IP?

    Thanks

    • RE: key storage
      ... consists of a number of python scripts that allow you to create define ... if i could actually configure the server (or if i had written my own server ... > This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • key storage
      ... the server also has a public/private key pair for signing and verifying ... encryption is the ... This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: 6.1RC system nearly freezing
      ... while FSCK after early unplanned shutdown. ... I upgrade a web, squid, mail server to ... I join the KDB informations. ... This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Rebuilding kernel/system to a state "back-in-time"?
      ... IMO, (and forgive me, i generally dont spew my opinions where they arent welcome or asked for), RELENG_6_2 is better for a server over RELENG_6, as it doesnt include items that are not critically required for secure and stable operation. ... This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • key storage
      ... the server also has a public/private key pair for signing and verifying ... web applications consists of a number of python scripts that allow you to ... (stored on removable media) ... This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
      (comp.lang.python)