breakout of citrix

From: Kenzo (kenzo_chin_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/19/04

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:51:01 -0500

    I was wondering if anyone has seen this and if there is a fix for this.
    basically this is what's happening.
    We have a test citrix environment serving couple apps.
    The clients can either connect using the windows ica client or thru a WYSE
    terminal.
    In both case the same thing happens.
    One particular app that we provide is MS word.
    I discovered that if you insert a link into the work document such as "c:\"
    and click on it.
    Citrix freaks out, then gives you the desktop of the citrix server.
    From there you can do access what ever programs you want.

    Any ideas on how to fix this??

    Thanks.