RE: Event log monitoring

From: Kurt (kurtbuff_at_spro.net)
Date: 10/14/04

    To: "'Stephane Auger'" <stephaneauger@pre2post.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:41:30 -0700

    http://ntsyslog.sourceforge.net or http://intersectalliance.com/snare -
    will send your eventlogs to a syslog server in realtime

    http://kiwisyslog.com - a very good syslog server for Windows, and if
    you pay for it (it's very inexpensive for the impressive quality), it'll
    even log to an ODBC DSN

    http://mysql.com - A free SQL database server, with an ODBC interface,
    both Windows and *nix.

    Pretty much all you need.

    • RE: Server Status Report not working
      ... Using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Recovery Storage Groups ... Documentation by Alphabetical List for Windows Small Business Server 2003 ... Server Status Report not working ... Click Monitoring and Reporting. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Question about monitoring in SBS2K3 Prem. vs. SBS2K
      ... Am I going to have to load Windows SBS2K to ... > databases for analysis and report generation. ... Also new in the Windows Server 2003 family are two new security groups ... >>The report in Monitoring and Reporting works, but I am looking for the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Monitoring and Reporting
      ... reconfigure monitoring report and it started working. ... I understand that you unable to get SBS ... On the SBS server, click Start, click Run, type "regedit" (without the ... Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: RWW login notification
      ... monitoring component to smooth every thing. ... Select Windows Small Business Server 2003 and then click ... select Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: SBS Monitoring Install : KB555432
      ... "The Wizard encountered an error while configuring the monitoring features. ... Run Small Business Server Setup re-install the server tools component and ... Usually we first need to reset the Monitoring Component. ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)