RE: TCP/IP CRC question

From: Shaineel Singh (ssingh_at_kbs.net.au)
Date: 10/07/04

    To: "'Jorge Mendez Bonini'" <jlmb@cableonda.net>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:55:22 +1000

    • RE: TCP/IP CRC question
      ... While the CRC in the data field would be to ensure integrity the FCS ... of using checksums on the upper protocolos? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: TCP/IP CRC question
      ... >JMB> If the CRC is generated from DATA field among others, ... >JMB> Thanks for your time. ... >Because the protocols are independant of the underlying/overlying ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: RS485 loading
      ... CRC and so on. ... ' Set the command ... 'Data field is empty ... CALL CRC16(0, crc) ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: crc on only data or including the address
      ... >For that i am implementing ethernet packet generator in the fpga. ... >am sending 64 bytes of frame from the fpga with the most significand ... Actually, what is sent is the FCS, which is bit reversed ... >2) Is CRC implemented on only data or on whole frame? ...
      (comp.arch.fpga)
    • Re: CRC
      ... this is not a CRC (Cyclic ... (And, BTW, FCS is a generic term whereas CRC is an ... implementation of a FCS). ...