Re: learning ethical hacking

From: GuidoZ (uberguidoz_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/02/04

    Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 20:21:10 -0700
    To: Mike West <mike.west@gateway.servebeer.com>

    Nice link Mike. I had thought about trying that awhile back, but lost
    the link and had forgotten about it. Appreciate the reminder. =)

    I think this may have been mentioned before, so please excuse me if
    this is repetitive. Another good "toolkit" if you will is the Knoppix
    Security Tools Distribution (aka Knoppix-std). It's a bootable Linux
    distro that provides a multitude of forensic, antivirus, and security
    related tools. Being based on the Knoppix distro, it's not difficult
    for even a Linux novice to use. Check it out here:
    http://www.knoppix-std.org/

    --
    Peace. ~G
    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 01:55:11 +0100, Mike West
    <mike.west@gateway.servebeer.com> wrote:
    > One I like to use is http://www.networksecuritytoolkit.org/nst/ it is based
    > on RH9 and comes with loads of tools inc ethereal, nmap, nessus etc. It also
    > has some wireless tools and has a web based GUI to be used remotely or from
    > the local machine using firefox
    >
    > Check it out, It has helped me out on numerous occasions.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Mike West

    • Re: Which LiveCD to use?
      ... boots a fully functional working Linux system, ... I can see the security argument of being able to introduce essentially ... Auditor Linux is based on Knoppix and is intended as a Auditing/Pen ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: (?)useful document -- please copy, distribute
      ... skilled windows' users then the text is just fine. ... relevant to learn about drives and /mnt/xxx at the first Linux encounter. ... and 'folder' better than 'drives'. ... Pertains to latest distro of Knoppix ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: New to linux..looking for program I can boot and run off CD
      ... >>and he was using a windows os but booted and run Linux programs off a CD. ... >having to do a dual boot thing on my current machine. ... > That would be Knoppix or one of it's derivatives. ...
      (alt.linux)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, he lp the cause
      ... supply of patches (Windows NT4/95/98) these systems should go offline ... Security is always a trade-off. ... This is how Linux and other ... Apache virtually owns the market with more than 60%. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39
      ... Subject: SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39 ... Need to keep track of the latest vulnerability information? ... vulnerabilities for both security product vendors and corporate security ... NEW PRODUCTS FOR LINUX PLATFORMS ...
      (Focus-Linux)