RE: free hIDS, or system assessment tools

From: Fahad Al-Suwais (suwaisfa_at_alrajhibank.com.sa)
Date: 09/23/04

    Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:45:53 +0300
    To: "Jonathan Loh" <kj6loh@yahoo.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    What I need is a system vulnerability scanner, and it have some policies
    to compare the compliance with it.

    For example, if this server is MS-SQL server, I would do vulnerability
    scan for the OS, then for the SQL system.

    If the server is a web server, I would check its compliance with a
    secured web server policy.

    Currently I am using Internet Scanner from ISS, but I am looking for
    free systems.

    Regards,