Re: Laptop Encryption & Hibernation

From: Kevin Snively (kevinsnively_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/23/04

    To: "Jonathan Loh" <kj6loh@yahoo.com>, "Security Basics[List]" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:11:59 -0500

    It will not reset until there is no power. The power is a small battery on
    the MB (motherboard). This "power" keeps the contents of the chip intact
    rather than the defaults from the factory settings - even the date and time
    is kept by the battery (when the system is powered down).

    But most of all the original msg was about intel compatable computers and
    the Operating System in question was Windows XP (not my choice of either
    <smile>).

    Completely understanding the technology and the details greatly enhances our
    success with security. Hope this helps.

    But