free hIDS, or system assessment tools

From: Fahad Al-Suwais (suwaisfa_at_alrajhibank.com.sa)
Date: 09/22/04

    Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:08:00 +0300
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Dear...

    As I know snort is nIDS, nessus is network assessment tool

    But
    Is there any free System Assessment tools for windows and *nix
    Is there any free System or host IDS for windows and *nix

    Please if you know any products let me know

    Regards,

    Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
    are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
    a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
    fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
    crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html

    • free hIDS, or system assessment tools
      ... As I know snort is nIDS, nessus is network assessment tool ... Is there any free System Assessment tools for windows and *nix ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: free hIDS, or system assessment tools
      ... >Is there any free System or host IDS for windows and *nix ... There are a couple of ways to go about this, particularly on Windows systems... ... For system assessment, I'd recommend: ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: free hIDS, or system assessment tools
      ... You can obtain Snort For Windows: ... Of course, exists a *NIX version. ... > As I know snort is nIDS, nessus is network assessment tool ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: free hIDS, or system assessment tools
      ... > Is there any free System Assessment tools for windows and *nix ... Test Your IDS ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] lame bitching about xpsp2
      ... >*nix way) you still would whine because they are also working on extending ... >are concerned that you will have to learn Windows, ... >I recall nimda and I don't recall my Windows machines getting infected even ... >BeOS isn't going to cause a great desire to learn computers. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)