Learning WAN technologies

From: Bryce Embry (embryb_at_k12tn.net)
Date: 09/13/04

    Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:23:44 -0500
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Howdy,

    I've recently become responsible for an enterprise that includes
    multiple buildings in different parts of a county. I am comfortable
    with LAN technologies and how the Internet works, but don't know much
    about private networks once the LAN has left the building.

    Can you recommend good resources for learning the options I have for
    configuring a wide-area network to connect these multiple buildings?
    Right now I don't know enough to be able to intelligently sort through
    the various ideas floated by vendors and colleagues.

    I'd love any white papers, book recommendations, mailing lists,
    journals, websites, etc.

    Thanks,

    Bryce

    Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
    are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
    a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
    fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
    crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html