Re: tool for generating MD5 hash of a file (MS)

From: Jordan Bradley (jb_at_slackcon.org)
Date: 09/11/04

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:20:08 +0100

    md5sum for linux is perfect
    again, also try pgp or gpg. Checkout http://pgp.com and http://gpg.org

    On Thursday 09 Sep 2004 14:54, Omar Khawaja wrote:
    > I am interested in generating a MD5 hash for a file - for the purposing of
    > verifying its integrity at a later date. I have come across multiple tools
    > that claim to do this, on a Windows (XP) platform.
    >
    > Was hoping to poll this group to determine what your preferences /
    > favorites are. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > __
    > Omar Khawaja, CISSP

    > Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class
    > sizes are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    > interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills
    > of a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind
    > by fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of
    > computer crime and abuse so that it never happens again.
    >
    > http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html
    >-

    Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
    are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
    a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
    fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
    crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html

    • Re: learning ethical hacking
      ... >> fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. ... Discover the source of computer ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: learning ethical hacking
      ... >> fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. ... Discover the source of computer ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Conferences...
      ... > Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. ... > left behind by fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. ... learn to recover trace data left behind ...
      (Security-Basics)