Re: a tool like nestat

From: Dead Sector (deadsector_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/02/04

    Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:34:24 -0500
    To: Juan B <juanbabi@yahoo.com>

    windowsXP sp2 has a new option

    netstat -b that will show you the programs associated with the ports in use.

    netstat -anob would show you all ports open. the executables o dll
    that are using the port and the pid of the executable

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:10:02 -0700 (PDT), Juan B <juanbabi@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I know there is a tool more sofisticated than netstat
    >
    > that can even show me which file is listening to
    > connections and stuff like that.
    >
    > do u know about such tool ?
    >
    > thanks

    > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    > Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
    > are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    > interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
    > a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
    > fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
    > crime and abuse so that it never happens again.
    >
    > http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html

    Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
    are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
    a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
    fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
    crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html

    • Re: hacked?
      ... So I ssh'd in and did a netstat and saw what looked like an unwanted SSH connection... ... On the local host type nmap -sV localhost -p 1-65535 to see what ports respond and which apps/services. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Win2k Netstat sockets interpretation
      ... BUT, netstat /a indicates netbios ports 137,138,139,445 listening when I allow ZA to allow T-bird to act as a server to connect to the ... but Akamaitech~ is frequently there and firefox always has 4 connections local and 4 remote open inaddition to the url i am browsing???? ... The output from Ethereal showed a big download in the background from google...hex and what looks like certificates or host file additions to banks .....I no option to control F.F. updates and like to know when/what is updated since permissions and options have a nasty habit of being reset to 'lame' when updates happen silently ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Win2k Netstat sockets interpretation
      ... I have deleted "file and print sharing" under "internet connections and disbled most recognizable "remote access" services under 'services.msc' but ZA detects a few remote access modules running and gives them permission if select "OK" to the suggested query. ... notice randomly ports assigned to urls or ip addresss. ... 'netstat' on Win2K provides a view on the state of the *TDI interface*, ... something appearing as 0.0.0.0 listening means "an outstanding request to ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: ServU-deamon trojan warning with McAfee
      ... This ports showing can also be caused by an issue having to do with our ... This PLAIN and SIMPLE shouldn't happen in an ISA ... Does it matter that something else is ... >> How can I use Netstat to see what's going on? ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
    • [Fwd: Re: a tool like nestat]
      ... Windows has a tool that is more robust than netstat, ... Gain the in-demand ... >a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind ...
      (Security-Basics)