Re: company password keeping

JGrimshaw_at_ASAP.com
Date: 08/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:54:51 -0500

    This white paper discusses TACACS+ and Radius.

    http://www.networkcomputing.com/902/902ws1.html

    Radius, at least in Windows 2003, can be integrated with Active Directory.
     I don't have a specific link for that handy, unfortunately, but I am sure
    MS's website is filled with them.

    Many core infrastructure devices allow for a RADIUS server
    connections--and I know that Cisco devices use TACACS+ as well as Radius.
    It's a matter of getting that TACACS+ and Radius infrastructure up and
    running first.

    Juan B <juanbabi@yahoo.com>
    08/19/2004 01:43 AM

    security-basics@securityfocus.com
    cc

    Subject
    company password keeping

    I am looking for a solution to manage all the
    passwords to all my network devices routers,switches
    and servers.

    Do you know of a way/product that passwords could be
    centralized or integrated into TACACS or Active
    directory, or any other way of centrally managing the
    passwords?

    thanks

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class
    sizes
    are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills
    of
    a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
    fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
    crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_security-basics_040817

    Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
    are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
    interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
    a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
    fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
    crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html

    • Re: TACACS+ vs. RADIUS
      ... roll-out two-factor authentication you should go with radius. ... support TACACS+, ... IAS server. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: TACACS+ vs. RADIUS
      ... support TACACS+, ... free radius servers such as Freeradius and Microsoft's ... Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication ... Here is a short description about differences between RADIUS & TACACS ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: TACACS+ vs. RADIUS
      ... Here is a short description about differences between RADIUS & TACACS ... RADIUS doesn't offer support to traditional protocols like ARA, ... Protocol Utilization: ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: TACACS+ vs. RADIUS
      ... Thank you for your great description and support ... ... On Behalf Of Nikhil Wagholikar ... Subject: TACACS+ vs. RADIUS ... RADIUS is an AAA protocol; hence it supports all -- Authentication, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Radius (was: Can OpenVMS use Active Directory instead of UAF?)
      ... but I also have radius and anything that will keep me from ... modify it to allow authentication against an arbritray M$ domain. ... As to authenticating VMS users against an Active Directory domain; ...
      (comp.os.vms)