Re: Securing web site with redundancy ?

From: Volker Tanger (volker.tanger_at_detewe.de)
Date: 08/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:48:00 +0200
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com, pen-test@securityfocus.com

    Lots of:
            - Cisco Load Balancer (or Alteon or F5 or ...), expensive
            - reverse Proxy in between Pix and servers
            - DNS RoundRobin (and checks on the DNS server)
            - Linux Virtual Server - with ICMP redirect
            - STONITH type of scripting on the IIS systems, taking over
              the IP address of the broken system

    Volker Tanger

    --
    Managed Services
    Professional Services/IT-Management

    • Re: Securing web site with redundancy ?
      ... > firewalls, but with web servers. ... > pix firewall between the dmz and Internet. ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • iptables port forwarding NO GO !
      ... Strangely neither port forwarding or ip forwarding works for my Web servers ... is it compulsary to have an internal DNS in the DMZ ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: securing a database from DMZ traffic
      ... our web servers have sit on our internal network. ... I do not want it to sit the database on the ... DMZ, but I also do not want to allow my DMZ to access the internal ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Is a DMZ necessary?
      ... >> I've seen a few comments on the Microsoft ISA Configuration newsgroup ... Web servers now communicate with SQL backends.... ... Put your email and web servers in the dmz and then make sure you make ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)