Re: password protect encrypted directory

From: Danny T. Puckett (dpuckett_at_comresource.com)
Date: 08/17/04

    Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:18:47 -0400
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Take a look at

    http://www.truecrypt.tk/

    Thomas T. Evans, III wrote:

    >Dana:
    >
    >Depending on how far you want to go, PGP will allow you to create a
    >mountable volume that is encrypted and needs a password to view. The volume
    >is not visible unless mounted, if I recall correctly. That should be pretty
    >secure.
    >
    >Thomas T. Evans, III CCNA
    >Senior Network Manager
    >Hawk Corporation
    >ttevans@hawkcorp.net
    >216-267-7787 Ext. 500
    >Cell: 440-669-2526
    >Fax: 917-464-7241
    >President, MFG/Pro Midwest User Group
    >
    >"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"
    >--Albert Einstein

      ... I would like to password protect this directory so even the user who is logged into this profile is prompted for a password prior to gaining access to this data. ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Odd Pen-test: Security Camera
      ... >> Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >> pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: exposure to bootable Linux distros
      ... If you like PHLAK, you'll love Knoppix-STD (Security ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Conducting vulnerability assessment for the first time
      ... >Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... >pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Removing Local Admin Rights...
      ... > I want to be able to add them to the domain and remove admin rights all at ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)