RE: upgrading to IE6 on w2k servers

From: Kelley, Brian (BKelley_at_AgFirst.com)
Date: 08/02/04

    Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:25:35 -0400
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Agreed. SUS is Microsoft's solution, especially since WUS has been delayed, which works through Automatic Updates (you can specify what SUS system to connect your workstations/servers to). There are also products like HFNetChkPro from Shavlik and UpdateExpert from St. Bernard to handle patch management. In addition, the security patches can be downloaded and deployed using scripts. In reality, this is how the patch management programs do it. It is not a requirement to have IE to update patches.

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Cisco CSA
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Any reason not to use strcpy, strcat or scanf?
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: New Trojan?
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless access
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: antivirus for linux