Website access alert

From: Guillome Main (guillome.main_at_axelero.hu)
Date: 07/31/04

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:37:51 +0200

     Hi All,

    Do you know any solution for my problem? It is the following: I have a
    website on my webserver. I want to have and alert sent to me by email is
    anyone access the website itself. I know it is logged into w3svc, but I
    would like to have instant alert sent by email, who accessed it from which
    IP and what time. Do you know any alerting method ffor this need?
    Anyway if I take a look at w3svc log it says always that the source IP is
    the machine itself. How could I do that it shows the real source address. It
    is on a w2k3 server with isa 2004. I know there is a setting somewhere
    regarding the original header, but I don't know where. Could you please help
    me?!

    Thanx in advance,

    Guillome

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • Re: Im certainly no expert, however...
      ... >and what I had said publicly in a newsgroup, ... >on a computer listed as belonging to the webhost of the website. ... >who did not get the alert before I posted publicly about it. ... >The alerts stopped for the other regular on the tourette newsgroup who ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Im certainly no expert, however...
      ... > and what I had said publicly in a newsgroup, ... > on a computer listed as belonging to the webhost of the website. ... > who did not get the alert before I posted publicly about it. ... > The alerts stopped for the other regular on the tourette newsgroup who ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: why would they try to access my computer?
      ... the alert, and location, but not the specific user of the computer. ... > first time, after I installed ZoneAlarm Pro, I visited that website, ... > after you install a firewall. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Im certainly no expert, however...
      ... I posted in a tourette newsgroup that I regularly ... People on that newsgroup often visit that website. ... who did not get the alert before I posted publicly about it. ... The alerts stopped for the other regular on the tourette newsgroup who ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • function will not send mail!
      ... I've created the below function to automatically send me an alert in outlook ... when someone completes various forms on my website. ... The problem though is that mail reports that I have only 1 of the 3 required ...
      (comp.lang.php)