Fwd: antivirus for linux

From: Ant (cable78_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:24:14 -0500
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    I use f-prot. Works pretty well for me. It is not a realtime scanner
    however. I have a cron job set up to scan my machine at given
    intervals.

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:48:13 -0500, greg.jensen <greg.jensen@comcast.net> wrote:
    > I'd add one more to the list. CA Antivirus for Linux. We found it to be
    > the only one with a realtime scanner (seems everyone does scheduled scanning
    > only), and as we have a policy against using Windows sytems for our Mgmt, we
    > were able to use an old RedHat system for managing our AV rollout and our
    > central policy administration.
    >
    > Absolutely you need to protect it. Our users are windows desktops, that
    > access Linux shares, so though most threats won't affect a linux system,
    > Linux systems can certainly propegate the viruses. Recent checks with any
    > of the major vendors will show there are 20-40 (depending upon the vendor)
    > threats written especially for Linux.

    • Re: Filtering SPAM with Linux
      ... > Subject: Filtering SPAM with Linux ... I have a box with linux that is acting as NAT and Firewall (also ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: antivirus for linux
      ... I have always found that BitDefender worked very well, and the Linux version ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: antivirus for linux
      ... To check spam use spamassasin- a module to mail server or a SMTP proxy ... >I'm kinda new to linux, and getting more and more worried about security. ... >Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Requesting info: VPN solution
      ... Peter Martin wrote: ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Master the skills ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Network Traffic Monitor
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... > of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. ... Master the skills ...
      (Security-Basics)