Outsourced IDS and Firewall--MSSPs...

From: Ryan Murphy (RMurphy_at_irvinecompany.com)
Date: 07/26/04

    To: "'security-basics@securityfocus.com'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:18:12 -0700

    List,

    My company is currently looking into outsourcing our IDS and Firewall
    monitoring/management. The 3 vendors remaining as contenders are ISS,
    Verisign (Guardent), and Symantec. Do any of you have any thoughts or
    experiences you could share as to which of these MSSPs are better/worse? Or
    do you know of/have you read any good articles comparing these vendors?

    Thanks,

    Ryan

    =============================
    Notice to recipient: This e-mail is meant for only the intended recipient
    of the transmission, and may be a confidential communication or a
    communication privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any
    review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
    strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error by return
    e-mail and please delete this message from your system. Thank you in
    advance for your cooperation.

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Removing Local Admin Rights...
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Cisco CSA
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Minimum password requirements
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Betr.: RE: fax software in the domain
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: HIPAA_Compliance