Re: Can snort cut off connections ?

From: Zoran Perkov (zperkov_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:57:37 -0400
    To: Juan B <juanbabi@yahoo.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com

    http://snort-inline.sourceforge.net/

    -z

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:45:30 -0700 (PDT), Juan B <juanbabi@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I heard that It is possible to change snort to be
    > active and start droping connections based on
    > predifined roles. is it true ?
    >
    > thanks

    > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    > any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    > to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    > Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    > of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    > Visit us at:
    > http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: PacketShaper
      ... we're deploying these along with firewalls in our managed security ... >>Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >>Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... >>pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Password trading problem
      ... > I'm in charge of doing a security review of it. ... > e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: securing password list
      ... What security methods do you use to secure a list such as this? ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Online Universities with Information Security Programs
      ... Online Universitties with Information Security Programs ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Comparison of Yahoo v. MSN Messenger from security standpoint
      ... Onderwerp: RE: Comparison of Yahoo v. MSN Messenger from security standpoint ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)