Re: How to get rid of two trojans

From: Paul Kurczaba (paul_at_myipis.com)
Date: 07/06/04

    To: "VI" <vi@vizo.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:36:13 -0400

    Try McAfee FreeScan: http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp

    -Paul Kurczaba
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "VI" <vi@vizo.com>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 5:25 AM
    Subject: How to get rid of two trojans

    > Hi All,
    >
    > AVG free edition shows two trojans; IRC. Backdoor.SdBot.29.T, and
    Proxy.6.AG
    > kjhbb.exe and gfhhr.exe in system32 folder but it cannot clean them. Of
    > course deleting the files is no cure, because they come up again anad
    again.

    > Trend Micro housecall and Norton AV 2003 does not even show them.
    >
    > I could not find any mention of them in Symentec Web site.
    >
    > Can anybody help in getting rid of them.
    >
    > BTW, the OS is W2000 pro, and the latest patches are applied.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > VI

    -
    > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    > any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or
    less
    > to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    > Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the
    skills
    > of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    > Visit us at:
    > http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: How to get rid of two trojans
      ... How to get rid of two trojans ... How to get rid of two trojans ... >Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: restore Administrator password
      ... >> Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >> Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... >> pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Removing Local Admin Rights...
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: securing password list
      ... recovery from a "fireproof" cabinet. ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: New Trojan?
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)