Re: WToolsA / WToolsS

From: Michael Painter (tvhawaii_at_shaka.com)
Date: 07/06/04

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:22:52 -1000

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=WToolsA&btnG=Google+Search

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Allan" <larsmith@tds.net>
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 4:15 AM
    Subject: WToolsA / WToolsS

    > Anyone here have any experience with WToolsA and/or WToolsS ?
    >
    > I noticed, in the RUN folder on a WXP PC, an entry involving WinTools. Deleted the entry. Closed the RUN folder, opened it again
    and the entry was right back there.

    > Didn't surprise me when I deleted the WinTools folder on the PC and got an "access denied" error, stating that the program /
    folder contents were in use.

    > Nor did it surprise me when I did Ctrl-Alt-Del and went to the Processes tab, that I saw WToolsA running. When I tried to "End
    Process", it came right back up. Same with WToolsS.

    > Anyone know of any effective tools for removing it ?
    >
    > Farz I know, it's ad/spyware but even the latest of Ad-Aware and SpyBot didn't even notice / remove the problem.
    >
    > Allan Smith, NCAA, NDAA

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • Re: WToolsA / WToolsS
      ... My favorite is Codestuff Starter (also shows running processes) because of the "Right Click" capabilities, ... Subject: WToolsA / WToolsS ... > I noticed, in the RUN folder on a WXP PC, an entry involving WinTools. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: WToolsA / WToolsS
      ... Deleted the entry. ... Closed the RUN folder, opened it again and the entry was right back there. ... >Allan Smith, NCAA, NDAA ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Curiosity: Folder pop-up on boot-up
      ... The last entry is missing quotes. ... After you extract the files from the zip folder run ... look under Startup for an entry titled CCC.lnk. ... Copy the information under each of the Registry entries ...
    • Re: Curiosity: Folder pop-up on boot-up
      ... The last entry is missing quotes. ... After you extract the files from the zip folder run ... look under Startup for an entry titled CCC.lnk. ... Windows XP Startup Tracker ...
    • Re: FindRow on Exchange
      ... You can request PR_STORE_ENTRYID from the parent folder just before ... OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO ... I forgot that you can't compare entry ids directly. ...
      (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)