RE: Which Windows OS is Safest

GKornblum_at_guesswho.com
Date: 06/29/04

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:39:28 -0400

    From a perspective where security has it's biggest influence is Windows
    2003. Right away you will notice drastic differences in the way the approach
    it takes in this installment of Windows. Of course there is always the rule
    that if it's new there is a large potential for big gaping holes in it.
    Proactive patch management always solves that and is preached over and over
    again by many in the community. Just give it a try and you'll see. If you're
    looking for the best out of the box security this one would be it. Beyond
    that anything can be tightened down as much as you'd like depending on how
    much time or money you would like to invest.

    Gregory Kornblum
    National A-1 Internet, Inc.
    Software Engineer
    greg@guesswho.com

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html