Re: Antivirus for Linux

From: Robert McIntyre (robert.mcintyre_at_earthmail.com)
Date: 06/18/04

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:43:42 -0700

    >Hello guys

    >I'm kinda new to linux, and getting more and more worried about security. I
    >was wondering: is it necessary for me to have an anti-virus application? If
    >so, is it a "live scanner", like the ones I know for windows?

    >Do you recommend using an anti-virus software? If so, which?

    >Moreover, I have a linux firewall. Is there any way for me to detect virus
    >activity trying either to break into a computer (like Sasser or others like
    >it) or to detect incoming mail with virus? Note: my firewall isn't my mail
    >server. I was wondering if it could sniff connections to pop mail servers
    >and
    >detect virus code.

    >Thanks in advance.

    >Bruno Reis

    F-prot has anti-virus software for Linux, at one time they had a free CLI
    version.
    I believe Vexira also makes anti-virus software for Linux

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Removing Local Admin Rights...
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Minimum password requirements
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Betr.: RE: fax software in the domain
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: HIPAA_Compliance
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Cisco CSA