RE: Blocking NetBios

From: Brunner, Mark (MBrunner_at_tor.fasken.com)
Date: 06/11/04

    Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:15:49 -0400
    To: <gillettdavid@fhda.edu>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    This could be done by installing a Personal Firewall package on each workstation.
    New ones, Like Symantec's products, let you set "personalities" (standard configurations) up in advance and push updates to policy to the clients from a central console.

    Cheers!

    Mark Brunner
    Security Manager
    Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
    Barristers & Solicitors
    Patent & Trade Mark Agents
    Toronto, Ontario
    http://www.fasken.com

    This communication is solicitor/client privileged and contains
    confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom it is
    addressed. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, other distribution of
    this communication or taking any action on its contents is strictly
    prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
    immediately and delete this message without reading, copying or
    forwarding it to anyone.