Re: Detecting Network Sniffers ??? - just turn it off

From: Alvin Oga (alvin.sec_at_Virtual.Linux-Consulting.com)
Date: 06/11/04

    To: seki@atc.yamatake.co.jp (Hidenobu Seki)
    Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

    hi ya

    > Detection of Promiscuous Nodes using ARP Packets

    jsut turn it off

    To see if the NIC is in promiscuous mode
            ifconfig -v | grep -i promisc

    to turn it off
             ifconfig eth0 -promisc

    c ya
    alvin

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html