RE: Blocking NetBios

From: David Gillett (gillettdavid_at_fhda.edu)
Date: 06/10/04

    To: "'Kareem Mahgoub'" <kareem@thewayout.net>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:33:54 -0700

      Recent IOS-based Cisco switches include an ability to apply
    access lists to filter traffic between switch ports within a
    VLAN. Your client may have to replace some hardware to get
    this feature, but it's available if they want it badly enough.

    David Gillett

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Blocking NetBios
      ... Subject: Blocking NetBios ... I have a request from one of our clients to block NetBios in thier ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Blocking NetBios
      ... I have a request from one of our clients to block NetBios in thier Network ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Blocking NetBios
      ... You can specify a vendor option with DHCP server to disable NetBios on client machines. ... I have a request from one of our clients to block NetBios in thier Network ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Windows SUS
      ... manually reboot the servers later during non-peak hours. ... clients around 7 or 8 am before people show up. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)