SF new article announcement: TCP/IP Skills for Security Analysts (Part 2) (fwd)

From: Kelly Martin (kel_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 06/10/04

    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:23:00 -0600 (MDT)
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    The following article was published on SecurityFocus today:

    TCP/IP Skills for Security Analysts (Part 2)
    By Don Parker Jun 09, 2004

    This article series guides users new to the security field through some of
    the key skills required to work as a security analyst. Part two puts the
    skills into context by simulating a "day in the life" of a network
    security analyst, using an example of what steps to take when new exploit
    code appears.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1784

    --8<--cut here---8<---
    Kelly Martin kel@securityfocus.com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
    SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html