Re: OT: LInksys router BEFSR41 dead... anything i can do?

bnottle_at_telus.net
Date: 06/05/04

    Date: 5 Jun 2004 01:20:03 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <8EA334292D57D611B34D0050DA112A4B012206C0@ezemmtl-10.workgroup>

    > I have a router BEFSR41 that went dead after a firmware update

    I have upgraded the firmware on a couple of this type of router. Consistently I have found all settings returned to default after the upgrades. This includes the login password (no name and password of admin)and the network ID (192.168.1.xxx). The latter made for quite a complicated upgrade on a network with a server using a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.xxx.

    Brian Nottle

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html