Re: modifying configuration registrar inside cisco 2600 so as to change password

bryan_khoo_at_dynacraft.com
Date: 05/27/04

    To: "Kim Seng (Singnet)" <query@singnet.com.sg>
    Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:08:29 +0800

    Hi Kim Seng,
                Check this out, it should help.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

    Rdgs
    Bryan

                     *** TOWARDS CUSTOMER CENTERED CULTURE ***
            ** Dynacraft is a QS9000 and ISO14001 certified company **

    | | "Kim Seng |
    | | \(Singnet\)" |
    | | <query@singnet.co|
    | | m.sg> |
    | | |
    | | 05/26/2004 10:12 |
    | | PM |
    | | |
      | |
      | To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com> |
      | cc: |
      | Subject: modifying configuration registrar inside cisco 2600 so as to change password |

    Dear list,

    I have a used cisco 2600 router @ hand. Like to check how can I change with
    the password so as to access it. When I do a show version, the
    configuration
    settings is as below:
    0x2102

    Is there anywhere to recover it? I checked the internet, it seems that with
    the above configuration settings, I'm unable to issue break to go into ROM
    monitor. Is there any advise?

    Do take note that this router belobgs to me. But I got it from others who
    have forgotten the password. :p

    Thank you and best regards,

    Kim Seng

    ---
    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the
    skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html
    "Visit Our Website at :- www.dynacraft.com"
    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Cisco CSA
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Any reason not to use strcpy, strcat or scanf?
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: New Trojan?
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless access
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: antivirus for linux