Re: Cisco CSA

From: John Kingston (JKINGSTON_at_arvest.com)
Date: 05/27/04

    Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:55:18 -0500
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>, <securinet2004@yahoo.ca>

    I am running CSA on my CiscoWorks 2000 server, and all of my laptops/desktops at my desk. We were hit by Blaster, and Love Letter. neither effected any of my machines even though I don't have a virus scanner running. It only uses 2-3% of the CPU, so it's not a hog, and it can protect down to the file level (like if you didn't want someone to mess with the hosts file, you could lock it down). >>> Cherian Palayoor <securinet2004@yahoo.ca> 05/25/04 06:35PM >>> Hi, Can anyone give me some feedback on the Cisco Security Agent. This product claims to stop malicious behaviour on machines infected by any malware. We were recently hit pretty hard by Sasser. Cisco has since been trying to sell us this product as a heuristic solution to malicious activity on the network. The product does not depend on any signature updates and is entirely behavioural. Cisco puports to have successfully stopped Sasser from doing any damage. Can anyone confirm this to be a fact. The product does not come cheap. Thanks in advance. Regards Cherian ______________________________________________________________________ Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------- The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged material. Any review, distribution, or other unauthorized use of the information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Minimum password requirements
      ... say it risks decreasing security rather than improving it. ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: ISA Server Crash
      ... Asunto: RE: ISA Server Crash ... Astaro Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: process identification
      ... IT Technical Security Officer ... the computer has an open port with a listening ftp-server, but there is no matching PID with netstat. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Minimum password requirements
      ... I'd say it risks decreasing security rather than ... >> Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless LAN Security for Warehouse
      ... Security Consultant ... Wireless LAN Security for Warehouse ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)