Re: INSTALLING MYSQL PHP

From: Kelly Martin (kel_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 05/14/04

    Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:54:57 -0600 (MDT)
    To: "Jason R. Johnson" <01johnsonjr@sunraygaming.com>

    Jason,

    Securing Apache: Step-by-Step
    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1694

    Securing PHP: Step-by-Step
    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1706

    Securing MySQL: step-by-step
    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1726

    The target system in these articles is FreeBSD, but the process for
    compiling and chrooting them on Linux is almost identical. This is the
    Right Way (tm) to do it, in my opinion, although there are many ways to
    install the above. You would do well to learn these steps instead of
    installing pre-made packages, in my opinion. At least, if you're concerned
    about security at all, that is.

    --8<--cut here---8<---
    Kelly Martin kel@securityfocus.com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
    SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468

    On Thu, 13 May 2004, Jason R. Johnson wrote:

    > I'm trying to find a very good easy to fallow guide to install PHP,
    > MySQL and Apache on a Linux Enterprise 9.0 web server. Something that is
    > very easy to fallow step by step including some types of SNORT for
    > security of the server itself. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html