Re: Does anyone know a script to disable a device in Windows XP?

From: Pete Hunt (lists_at_petehunt.co.uk)
Date: 05/12/04

    Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:06:11 +0100
    To: Corey LeBleu <coreylebleu@hotmail.com>

    Corey LeBleu wrote:

    > Does anyone know a script to disable a device in Windows XP?
    > Specifically to disable a built-in wireless NIC on a laptop. One of my
    > co-workers needs it to create an image for deployment. Thanks.

    Is there any reason you can't just disable the nic in device manager &
    the wireless service in services.msc before doing the clone? (Assuming
    it's just patched_laptop_master_image > clone_laptops)

    The nic & service will stay disabled in the new clones & users won't be
    able to reenable them without Admin privileges. I've just done a load
    of laptops like that without problems (Ghost / 2k & XP).

    Pete

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Cisco CSA
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Any reason not to use strcpy, strcat or scanf?
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: New Trojan?
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless access
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: antivirus for linux