Computer Associates eTrust

From: Endre Szekely-Bencedi (Endre.Szekely-Bencedi_at_hu-tcs.com)
Date: 05/10/04

    To: security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 10:43:49 +0200

    Hello List,

    I have downloaded the above-mentioned software and tried it. It seems a
    very nice tool to me, I don't even know how it works but heard about it
    (that can log network traffic, to block traffic etc). Now, the problem is
    that it's jost not blocking/logging anything, I was wondering if anyone
    knows why?
    It is blocking the localhost only, but it's not logging anything. Is this
    because it is a trial version? Or should I plug it into a hub to be able
    to sniff?
    And how can it block traffic? Should this machine be a gateway for the
    network?
    I haven't found much about this product on the Internet, I'd just like to
    know where to start .. how to use it, to be able to try it.

    Any useful comments would be appreciated.

    Greetings,
    Endre Szekely-Bencedi
    _____________________________________
    Tata Consultancy Services
    H-1054 Budapest, Kalman Imre u. 1.
    Tel.: +36 1 4751214
    FAX: +36 1 475 1111
    Email: Endre.Szekely-Bencedi@hu-tcs.com
    _____________________________________

    "THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
    ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information. If the
    reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified
    that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is
    strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by error, please
    notify us immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete
    the message from your system."

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Cisco CSA
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Any reason not to use strcpy, strcat or scanf?
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: New Trojan?
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Wireless access
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: antivirus for linux