Re: looking for tool to find open ports and domains

From: die tuere (reitenba_at_fh-brandenburg.de)
Date: 05/10/04

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:48:30 +0200

    Am Freitag, 7. Mai 2004 17:06 schrieb Michael Chilcott:
    > I am looking for a way to scan for specific ports on all the PC's in our
    > network. Also in this scan I would like to know what domain these PCS
    > belong too. I have tried Nessus, nmap, and superscanner; and they produce
    > great reports on the ports open, and way too much information about the
    > machine. Does anyone know any easy way to just get the port numbers open,
    > and what domain the PC belongs to? Maybe I used the right tool, but not
    > configured correctly...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike
    you can use nmap -R option, then nmap resolves the domain name (if you mean
    the dns domain name, not some windows domain)
    or use nbaudit, ADMsmb for getting info on the windows domain names they are
    belong to.

    buzz

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • Re: AW: Re: nmap -sS SYN-SCAN does not find all open Ports?
      ... Network Security Engineer and Analyst ... that there is actually no problem with nmap. ... ports that are not listed by nmap are in state closed. ... Could it somehow be related to my backend firewall? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Nmap questions for the experts
      ... nmap has its own mailing lists, you can find those on insecure.org. ... Do you really use nmap before running nessus? ... Only open ports will be fed to ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: What does this mean?
      ... 0.0.0.0:0 mean in the Foreign Addr column. ... source ports, then what does *:* mean in the ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: nmap udp scan takes too long
      ... I am looking for a tool like nmap that would help me penetrate a filter port. ... But unicornscan beats nmap as it comes to udp scanning. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ... Open and filtered ports rarely send any kind ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: nmap port name question?
      ... does nmap get the name of the port from my /etc/services, ... would report that those ports probably correspond to a mail server ... 49152/tcp open unknown syn-ack ... 49153, msrpc ...
      (Security-Basics)