Re: looking for tool to find open ports and domains

From: die tuere (reitenba_at_fh-brandenburg.de)
Date: 05/10/04

    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:48:30 +0200

    Am Freitag, 7. Mai 2004 17:06 schrieb Michael Chilcott:
    > I am looking for a way to scan for specific ports on all the PC's in our
    > network. Also in this scan I would like to know what domain these PCS
    > belong too. I have tried Nessus, nmap, and superscanner; and they produce
    > great reports on the ports open, and way too much information about the
    > machine. Does anyone know any easy way to just get the port numbers open,
    > and what domain the PC belongs to? Maybe I used the right tool, but not
    > configured correctly...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike
    you can use nmap -R option, then nmap resolves the domain name (if you mean
    the dns domain name, not some windows domain)
    or use nbaudit, ADMsmb for getting info on the windows domain names they are
    belong to.

    buzz

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html