Re:Wireless LAN Security for Warehouse

From: Tim Sceurman (tsceurman_at_cambria.edu)
Date: 05/04/04

    Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:27:30 -0400
    To: <security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com>

    Colubris Networks. Their APs actually meet DOD standards for security. Also, they have real nice functionality, and all kinds of other management bells and whistles.

    • Re: MS ISA any good?
      ... I think ISA is fabulous! ... to integrate the logs into SQL server which makes things quite nice. ... I'm sure you can set up most of the same functionality ... > security device, as well as providing web cache services. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Betr.: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Fix for IE ADODB.Stream vulnerability is out
      ... > Well, the problem with ADODB.Stream wasn't executing files, it was writing ... level of dangerous "extra" functionality and integration that is ... MS' commitment to its much touted "security initiative", ... It has always intrigued me that every attack we have seen so ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Re: Firewalls breaking stuff: [Was re: fwtk]
      ... > functionality or backwards-compliance with older protocols. ... canonical examples of "security software" that should have been ... Please explain why SMTP AUTH or performing SSL-based ... Encryption isn't a magic bullet- suddenly you're providing remote access ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: What is the maximal length of usernames on Solaris?
      ... functionality or enhancing security or reliability, for all I care it can ... Security and reliability issues hurt everybody, ... > Seems to me that meeting the customers wants has been very successful ... > Any first year business major can tell you that. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: Summary of Bit-Level SHA Discussion
      ... >> And when you describe such measures as paranoid, ... your criticism is actually directed at the SHA standard ... that the elimination of unused functionality in a critical ... security application could be described as a 'paranoid' thing to do. ...
      (sci.crypt)