Re: process identification

From: Tarun Dua (
Date: 05/04/04

    To: Stijn De Weirdt <>
    Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 09:26:17 +0530

    On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 19:19, Stijn De Weirdt wrote:
    > i have a computer that has been (succesfully :( ) attacked, and i'm
    > currently checking how 'they' did it. the computer has an open port with a
    > listening ftp-server, but there is no matching PID with netstat. so here's
    > the question: how do i get the process-id?
    man fuser
    man lsof

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at: