RE: Windows SUS

From: Alvin Packard (appredator_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/30/04

    To: demarcoj@comcast.net, security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:30:40 -0500

    Nothing extra needs to be loaded. The Group Policy will push it. But watch
    out and create seperate policies for the servers and the clients if you are
    going to reboot the machines after the update(s) are installed. You should
    manually reboot the servers later during non-peak hours. I usually do the
    clients around 7 or 8 am before people show up.

    Alvin Packard
    Network Security Analyst
    www.networksecuritytech.com

    Motherís Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Motherís
    Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: IP KVM switches
      ... We have had no problems using Advocent KVM over IP. ... We have few core application servers protected by ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Blocking NetBios
      ... Subject: Blocking NetBios ... I have a request from one of our clients to block NetBios in thier ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Blocking NetBios
      ... I have a request from one of our clients to block NetBios in thier Network ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Blocking NetBios
      ... You can specify a vendor option with DHCP server to disable NetBios on client machines. ... I have a request from one of our clients to block NetBios in thier Network ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: AD in the DMZ . . . OK?
      ... IMHO it's a big no no. Have yr servers as standalone with limited user accounts and info. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)