RE: keyloggers

From: Marco Araujo (amon87secfx_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/26/04

    To: markus@revti.net
    Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:35:42 -0300

    Yes. Some keyloggers gets a small square bitmap around the mouse cursor and
    saves to the log. I think the on-screen keyboard is vulnerable to this kind
    of keyloggers.

    Usually, anti-spy programs can detect and remove many keyloggers. Look for
    SpyBot Search&Destroy at www.safer-networking.org. It's a good one.

    Regards,

    Marco Araujo
    MCSE
    Recife/PE - Brasil

    >From: Markus <markus@revti.net>
    >To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    >Subject: keyloggers
    >Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:56:25 +0700
    >

    >In MS windows there is "On-Screen Keyboard" or virtual keyboard. does
    >keyloggers also logging mouse clicks?
    >
    >is there any software that can detect keyloggers? where i can find it?
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Markus

    >Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    >any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    >to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    >Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    >pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the
    >skills
    >of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    >Visit us at:
    >http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    MSN Messenger: instale grátis e converse com seus amigos.
    http://messenger.msn.com.br

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: keyloggers
      ... keyloggers and spywares. ... >>pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... >>of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: keyloggers
      ... >Aren't keyloggers also detected by anti-virus softare? ... >>pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... >>of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: keyloggers
      ... Aren't keyloggers also detected by anti-virus softare? ... >Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: PacketShaper
      ... we're deploying these along with firewalls in our managed security ... >>Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... >>Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... >>pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Password trading problem
      ... > I'm in charge of doing a security review of it. ... > e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)