RE: Question about wireless lan card drivers....

From: Dante Mercurio (Dante_at_webcti.com)
Date: 04/14/04

    Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:41:24 -0400
    To: "Wolf, Tomas" <tomas@skip.cz>, "Kyle Stapp" <kstapp@vt.edu>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    The wpc54g card by Linksys uses a Broadcom chipset. There are numerous
    complaints regarding the lack of open source support for this chipset,
    and it appears unlikely the maker will release any instruction set/api.
    This results in no direct support for Linux.

    There is, however, a work around if you want to get this running on
    Linux:
    http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/
    This is a wrapper that loads the Windows driver in Linux. Pretty slick,
    though I haven't tried it yet.

    It is unlikely there will be other operating system support unless they
    directly write for it.

    Hope this helps,
    M. Dante Mercurio
    dante@webcti.com