RE: Education and Security

From: Billy Dodson (billy_at_pmm-i.com)
Date: 04/08/04

    Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:02:39 -0500
    To: "Andy Blair" <blai0015@umn.edu>, "Gaydosh, Adam" <GaydoshA@ctcgsc.org>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    I have looked into that Degree plan also. One thing you might think
    about is getting your BS in Computer Science, then going on to get their
    masters of science in information assurance. The security courses you
    take are the same for both their BA in Infrastructure Assurance and the
    Masters. I chose computer science (not yet complete) because that was
    really the only thing offered when I got out of high school. I plan on
    transferring to UTSA when my fiance finishes her course work here. CS
    is a well rounded core of programming type stuff, with no real specifics
    on anything. I believe you could learn to program better on your own.
    But most jobs posted want a computer science/computer engineering
    degree, that is why I chose the path. You might look into the dual
    degree plan, but I would defiantly look at their masters program if you
    still plan to get the CS degree.

    Billy Dodson
    Network Systems Engineer
    Permian Micro Mart