Re: Secure host newbie - fun - humm

From: Ranjeet Shetye (ranjeet.shetye2_at_zultys.com)
Date: 04/07/04

    To: Barry Fitzgerald <bkfsec@sdf.lonestar.org>
    Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:00:29 -0700

    ok, lets talk facts.

    I consider kernel.org to be a well-secured site, because it is secured
    (in various ways - best practices, technological locks, user awareness,
    IDS etc.) against all known attacks as of today.

    However, based on the intangible "some form of knowledge" that you've
    laid claim to, you say that kernel.org is insecure even today.

    Prove it. Show us that kernel.org is insecure.

    I'll let the facts speak for themselves.

    --
    Ranjeet Shetye
    Senior Software Engineer

    The views, opinions, and judgements expressed in this message are solely
    those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or
    approved by Zultys.
    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • Re: Ten least secure programs
      ... it's probably better you leave the topic alone ... I said I do not have security issues with the programs I code. ... I didn't realize you were a Linux user, ... > the most widely used and secure UNIX flavors? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • "An Asp.Net accident waiting to happen" - Draft article
      ... In a time where Security ... in shared hosting environments. ... technologies that allow the creation and deployment of secure ... IIS 6 web server and windows 2003 also provide some tools to deploy ...
    • RE: Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk
      ... I do agree that the additions and changes to Solarius will make it more secure and that this is good. ... Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk ... instead I would say that the view that security is ... Four Construction Workers Died after Crane Collapse in Toledo, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: marshal vs pickle
      ... >> security. ... The marshal module is not intended to be secure against ... >> doesn't construct arbitrary code objects. ... Marshal is similarly insecure if you evaluate a code ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk
      ... Anyone who has been working with computers for a long time will have noticed ... because DNS does not configure properly or security permissions are relaxed ... Is It Also Secure ... guarantee that no one really knows for sure, not even Microsoft developers. ...
      (Security-Basics)