RE: HIPAA_Compliance

From: Robinson, Sonja (SRobinson_at_HIPUSA.com)
Date: 04/05/04

    To: "'paralleluniverse'" <paralleluniverse@ev1.net>, <security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:00:15 -0400

    What are you trying to encrypt and from what points?

    i.e. PHI in e-mail - suggest Kryptiq, Sigaba, PGP enterprise solutions
    depending on your needs you could also use desktop - ssl file
    transfer/gateway decryption
     VPN -works for communications over telecomm lines for business partners,
    subsidiaries, etc.

    secure ftp - for file transfer

    web file repository - ssl file transfer

    Your soultion wil ldepend on what you are looking to encrypt, why and the
    to/from points.