RE: MS Outlook/Outlook Express Preview Pane Security Issue?

From: Kurt (kurtbuff_at_spro.net)
Date: 03/27/04

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:42:52 -0800

    I beg to differ.

    First thing *I* do with Outlook (I use OL2k, don't use OE - hate it) is
    set security on it, and turn off everything.

    Go to Tools/Options/Security/Zone Settings/Custom Settings, and disable
    everything.

    Preview pane has not ever bitten me. I'm sure that's in part because I'm
    just very careful anyway, but setting security does do a lot. As well,
    I'm using Zone Alarm, and it strips all executable attachments (google
    for Martin Blackstone's List of Danger).