RE: Wireless access

From: William D. Menzie (wmenzie_at_senseient.com)
Date: 03/26/04

    Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:16:11 -0500
    To: <security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com>

    If you are interested in making your wireless linksys router a little more powerful you should check out Sveasoft's firmware version for the Linksys WRT54G. It allows you to have a lot more control over your router.
    http://www.sveasoft.com/

    To download their most current firmware you will need to go into their Q&A forum and look under Linksys WRT54G Discussion. There are other alternatives out their for modifying the routers firmware.

    William D. Menzie III
    Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
    3975 University Drive
    Suite 225
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    703.359.0700 (phone)
    703.359.8434 (fax)
    wmenzie@senseient.com (e-mail)

    http://www.senseient.com/

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • Re: Using Debian as an Access Point?
      ... We are using the Linksys WRT54G at home, ... It's been up around 2 months now (last reboot was the firmware upgrade) ... > functions and a seperate router (best would be a linux box). ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Linksys WRT54G computer doesnt see router
      ... My Linksys WRT54G v. 3.0 has a blinking power light. ... site that I should update the firmware. ... My modem is connected to the router, ... All my computer can see is the modem. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Anyone had any experience of flashing the firmware on their router (Origo/Safecom - Conexan
      ... Apparently there are firmware versions out there for my router (ASR-8100 / ... Safecom SAMR-4110) with UPNP and firewalls for example which aren't implemented ... I did it on my Linksys wrt54g v 2.2 and it was easy. ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)
    • Re: Anyone had any experience of flashing the firmware on their router (Origo/Safecom - Conexant
      ... Apparently there are firmware versions out there for my router (ASR-8100 / ... Safecom SAMR-4110) with UPNP and firewalls for example which aren't ... I did it on my Linksys wrt54g v 2.2 and it was easy. ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)
    • Re: New device
      ... OS firmware: http://www.ubnt.com/airos/#feat ... possible to build a complete server around a wireless router. ... I didn't see 802.3af compliance on the PoE. ... having the transmit power on each end balances ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)