LIDS 1.2.0 for kernel 2.4.25 released

From: Yusuf Wilajati Purna (ywpurna_at_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: 03/22/04

    Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:20:00 +0900
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    LIDS 1.2.0 for Linux kernel 2.4.25 has been released.
    LIDS 1.2.X implements most of LIDS 2.0 security
    features. Different from LIDS 2.0, however, LIDS 1.2.X
    is not an LSM hooks based security module.

    Particulary, in this version, LIDS is enhanced with a security
    feature implementing Trusted Path Execution (TPE). See
    http://www.lids.org/document/LIDS-TPE-feature.txt
    for more info.

    In TPE mode, LIDS will only execute binaries as well as
    libraries, and even load kernel modules as far as they
    are protected.

    LIDS 1.2.0 can be downloaded from www.lids.org

    Regards,
    purna

    --
    Yusuf Wilajati Purna <ywpurna@users.sourceforge.net>
    1024D/7354A078

    • Re: Securing FC 4
      ... > same type of security. ... With regard to LIDS vs. SELinux, ... but the module itself is still not upstream. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Securing FC 4
      ... >> Security is not easy. ... IMHO SELinux is a worthwhile investment of effort. ... LIDS attempts to detect that an intrusion has happened. ... Unless one "security feature" is complete subset of ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Root access
      ... LIDS is a very comprehensive package designed to limit what root (and ... hides files and file systems. ... "capabilities" depending on your security needs. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: LIDS
      ... > I did a search on LIDS in this newsgroup and didn't gind any headers so ... I found it to be an excellent package from a security point of view, ...