LIDS 1.2.0 for kernel 2.4.25 released

From: Yusuf Wilajati Purna (
Date: 03/22/04

    Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:20:00 +0900

    LIDS 1.2.0 for Linux kernel 2.4.25 has been released.
    LIDS 1.2.X implements most of LIDS 2.0 security
    features. Different from LIDS 2.0, however, LIDS 1.2.X
    is not an LSM hooks based security module.

    Particulary, in this version, LIDS is enhanced with a security
    feature implementing Trusted Path Execution (TPE). See
    for more info.

    In TPE mode, LIDS will only execute binaries as well as
    libraries, and even load kernel modules as far as they
    are protected.

    LIDS 1.2.0 can be downloaded from

    Yusuf Wilajati Purna <>
    Key fingerprint = 7F4F 8433 C65F 3502 BC93  F529 BFDE F939 7354 A078
    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at: